Responsible for all aspects of the operation, including Guest and Associate satisfaction, financial performance, sales and revenue generation, Associate relations, and delivering a return on investment to ownership. Assists the General Manager in implementing hotel-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key Guests and is involved in the sales process.
Optimize and maximize Guest and Associate experiences.
Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, using strong leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits, and ensure quality. Directly responsible for at least two departments and at times may be responsible for the effective operation of the entire hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
Effectively manage and motivate Associates to ensure achievement of overall financial results, Guest and Associate satisfaction.
Champion of the hotel’s internal and external communications and record-keeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Maintain a professional image and support the Company in actions and words at all times.
2) Maintain a hotel atmosphere consistent with the Company’s standards for professionalism and total quality
3) Maintain open channels of communication with General Manager, fellow co-workers, Associates, and Guests.
4) Address Guests’ complaints in a manner which results in superior Guest service.
5) In the absence of the General Manager, handle emergencies at the hotel, following procedures for notifying the proper Company management and civil authorities when necessary.
6) Actively enforce all safety policies to protect Associates, Guests, and Company Assets.
7) Extend professionalism and courtesy to Guests at all times.
8) Motivate and encourage staff to effectively solve problems which need attention.
9) Assist and train Managers to schedule their workforce against hours/occupied room goals.
10) Assist and train Associates to understand Guests’ ever changing needs and how to exceed them.
11) Proactively deal with Associate concerns.
12) Provide a safe working environment, in compliance with OSHA/SMDS standards.
13) Maintain current licenses and permits throughout the property.
14) Ensure a viable key control program is in place.
15) Comply with all Corporate accounting procedures.
16) Lead by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
17) In the absence of the General Manager, assume complete responsibility for the effective operation of all hotel areas, and the achievement of hotel goals.
18) Ensure that staff reports to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent Associates. Coordinate breaks for
19) Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
Willing to take responsibility and accountability for the team.
Well-groomed and professional in appearance.
Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required.
Effective communication skills.
Open with praise, discreet with criticism.
Rational, prudent, and practical.
Performance shall be measured by achievement of: Guest Satisfaction goals
Associate Satisfaction goals for their areas
CPOR goal – Rooms and Engineering Depts. Market/Retail Revenue
Lead generation at the front desk
Pullthrough of revenue strategy (force sells/rate variances)