Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS - FRONT DESK CLERK/CASHIER
- Ensure proper credit when checking out guests and provide the guests with a 0 balance invoice.
- Handle late charges according to the procedure.
- Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly. The front desk manager will always verify the shift closing and enter the drop in the system. Manager will always verify the shift closing and enter the drop in the system.
- When leaving the front desk area, it is mandatory for the cashier to lock his/her bank so the cash is secured.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
- At all times strive to represent brand in the most professional manner.
- Be disciplined at all times, stand alert and tall at the front desk, greet guests immediately and offer assistance before the Guest needs to ask. Focus your total attention to the customers.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night daily checklist to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Be familiar with Signature and use appropriate script on all calls.
***All job duties may not be listed in this document. It is each and every hotel associate's duty to make sure the guests and hotel is taken care of. Your job is not limited to this and is essentially limitless.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform with standard.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards. Conform to cash handling procedures at all times.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
- Get a daily briefing about extra ordinary events to effectively deal with all foreseen situations on a daily basis.
- Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
- Follow all cash handling and banking procedures to check out all customers efficiently. Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
- Operate PMS (Property Management System), take same day reservations and know how to enter a reservation in PMS.
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers.
- Be knowledgeable about brand Rewards and other frequent traveler programs.
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines.
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as fast as possible
- (no more than three rings).Know how to handle safe deposit boxes. Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis. Know how to handle safe deposit boxes.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the front desk and back office area at all times. Utilize spare time for cleaning. Keep computer equipment clean at all times.
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using the "Guest Response Program" procedures.
- Assist fellow associates in their jobs to ensure that all jobs are done on time. Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act on them. Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
- Use your PMS password with discretion; log off the terminal when leaving the area.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
Maintain safety by adhering to safety policies, and be responsible to report accidents immediately. Support all safety programs. Proceed with caution when walking on slippery floors and congested areas. Ensure that proper safety instructions are given before operating any equipment. Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate with all managers and supervisors and fellow associates.
- Knowledge of English and local language.
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a professional manner.