Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to ownership. Leads the team in the development and implementation of hotel-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
JOB FAMILY CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Improving Profit - Developing means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Maintaining Balance Between Profit and Service Satisfaction - Estimating cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Ensuring P&L Accuracy - Ensuring profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Setting Goals - Establishing challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates - Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensuring Communication of Expectations and Objectives - Ensuring that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Ensure an appropriate and comprehensive property marketing strategy is in place and executed against.
- Respond to off-property (e.g., regional and owner) requests for sales information (e.g., Market Outlook, STR Report critique, etc.).
- Participate in the property sales review (PSR).
- Review and approve hotel sales goals and hotel sales action plans.
- Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
- Manage the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participate in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.).
- Attend sales strategy meetings.
- Review Smith Travel Research (STR) reports.
- Review revenue management reports (e.g., Demand Eye Chart, Benchmark Pricing Evaluator, Rate/Value Matrix, etc.).
- Balance inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
- Manage on-property controllables costs.
- Review Property Distribution Summary (OnDemand) and research and resolve balance issues.
- Conduct analysis for period-end review with Regional Director.
- Consolidate reports needed for period-end review (e.g., P&L, Accounting Scorecard, Banking Report and Statistics, PACE, credit card fraud report).
- Review and sign off on invoices.
- Prepare for QA audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
- Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments.
- Manage execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
- Ensure service programs are in place and executed against (e.g., Service Snapshots, Service So Memorable, etc.).
- Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
- Enter/edit new hire data in PeopleSoft.
- Personally complete management training (e.g., ConnectU, GM conferences, HR Skills, etc.).
- Cascade/Deliver training to associates (e.g., Service So Memorable Quarterly Recharge, Service Snapshot, etc.).
- Ensure ongoing development of staff (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
- Conduct performance review process for associates (including LPP, career plan form, development plans, associate information form, mid-year check-ins, 90-day check ins for new associates, etc.).
- Conduct property critique.
- Prepare for and conduct period-end reviews.
- Conduct annual business reviews.
- Participate in ad hoc owner conference calls.
- Respond to ad-hoc owner requests.
- Manage e-mail.
- Manage daily paper mail.
- Participate in conference calls (e.g., sales, promotion, Q&A, property performance, etc.).
- Provide follow-up information to RD and other CFRST managers.
- Prepare for RD visits (e.g., pulling and consolidating relevant reports).
- Update and upkeep of N-Drive.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Applied Business Knowledge - Understanding market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of Marriott’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Applied Business Knowledge - Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics, and important aspects of Marriott's business; skilled at using business knowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Skilled at developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps Marriott's values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making and actions.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out strategy.
***All job duties may not be listed in this document. It is each and every hotel associate’s duty to make sure the guests and hotel is taken care of. Your job is not limited to this and is essentially limitless. The hours will vary and you should not expect an 8 am to 5 pm position.